Українська Українська English English
Гість [вхід] [реєстрація]  
Карпатські стежки
NGO Ivano-Frankivsk regional foundation "Carpathian paths"
News
About Us
Our guidance
Our partners
Routes
Marking
- Rules of movement along the marked pathways
- History of tourist paths
- Steps of renovation
- Сучасна історія знакування
- Дослідження
- Прочистка
- Маркування
Mountain refuge
Tourists’ safety
Ecology
Maps and guidebooks
Hospitable estate
Useful links
Image gallery
 

Excerpt from history of tourist paths creating in Ivano-Frankivsk area

Inasmuch the territory of modern Ivano-Frankivsk region belonged to Poland till 1939, let us take a look upon our history with eyes of Polish scientists. In this excerpt there used materials from articles of Barbara Bartysz, Jerzy Kaplon, Leszek Rymarowycz, Andrzej Ruszczak and guide-books of Henrik Hasiorowski.

The dawn of tourism in the Eastern Carpathians was initiated by Polish Tatra Association (Poskie Towarzystwo Tatranske, PTT) by means of its east-carpathian departments at the end of 18 century. Branched mountain massifs, deep and rather forested valleys, variously braided trails and paths complicated orienting and could not provide hiking safety. That is why the routes marking and sign-posting was implemented.

In 1880 Chornohora department arranged route leading to the first tourist refuge at Gadzhyna locality. In 1884 (three years earlier than in Tatra mountains) there was the first tourist route sign-posted within history of Polish tourism. 56 sign-posts were placed on trails from Krasny Luh (near Krasnyk) to Hoverla mt. through Zelene, Shybene, Pip Ivan, Shpyci, Dantsysh. Every summit was provided with info tables in two languages.

In 1900 there were tourist routes marked Vorohta to Kychera and Kukul, from Jaremche to Yavirnyk, M. Gorgan, Chornohorytsia, Makovytsia, Velyka Rokyta, Zhenetsky waterfall and Dovbush cliffs where as well numerous sign-posts were installed.

The most effictive for arranging routes was period between two world wars, when in East Carpathians there were sign-posted 1909 km of tourist routes out of 2291 km among overall Polish mountains.

At the end of 1933 to the east of Vyshkivsky pass there were approximately 34 overnight objects (refuges and shelters). At this time Stanislav department of PTT alone maintained 500 km of tourist routes in Gorgany and Chornohora area. The latter as well had arranged in 1937 Chornohora volunteer rescue service in Vorohta.

At the end of 1938 PTT departments owned 42 refuges, shelters and tourist centres, as well maintained the network of hiking tourist routes, namely: Lviv department - 600 km, Stanislav - 900, Kolomyja - 190.

But the most important event of those days was arranging of East-Carpathian section of the Main Carpathian Path, fulfilled during 1925-35. The Path transited former territory of Poland - started from Sudety locality that is on border of Poland and Czechia, and finished at actual border of Ukraine and Romania. Eastern section of the Path began from Sianky locality and ended on Stih mt.

The Path was to assist tourists in possibility to observe the best - most distinctive for East Carpathians mountain chains. It was divided into one-day sections that started and finished in places, where tourists could stay overnight and replenish food supplies. A number of refuges had to be built for that purpose. The available overnight places the refuges shall contain were to be equal to 40 - alongside the Main Beskydy Range and 100 - at important tourist and ski centres. Besides the exterior and arrangement of refuges should have conformed to architectural and cultural style of the area they were situated in. Described by H. Hasiorowski, estimated Path passing would take 18 days including rest.

East-Carpathian part of the Path consisted of 8 sections - 3 were located in actual Lviv region, 5 other - in Ivano-Frankivsk region, where the most sections passed through Gorgany and only eighth - by Chornohora mountain chain. Relevant part of refuges of those days was situated nearby the Path thus tens of kilometres of sideward and junction routes led to other attractive places.
Main Carpathian Path passing throughout territory of Ivano-Frankivsk region before 1939

4th section
Vyshkivsky pass (Torun'sky now) - mt. Vyshkivsky Gorgan - r. Svicha valley - mt. Pohanets' traverse - mt. Syvania Lolinska - Solotvynka pasture - mt. Moloda - r. Moloda valley (Kruhle locality)

5th section
Kruhle locality - Grofa pond - mt. Grofa - Plistse pasture - Parenky range - mt. Popadia - Petros stream - Dovha Poliana locality - Jala refuge (actual Rizarnia area)

6th section
Jala refuge - forestry hut on Matakhiv range - mt. Vysoka - mt. Ihrovets' - Borevka pass - mt. Borevka - mt. Syvulia - Bystra (Rushchyna) pasture - mt. Nehrova traverse - mt. Okopy - Salatruchil' stream valley - Bystrycia village

7th section
Bystrycia village - Dovzhynets' stream - mt. Pikun - mt. Dovbushanka - refuge at the foot of mt. Dovbushanka at Nyzhnia locality (actual Novobudova cattle farm)

8th section
Nyzhnia locality - mt. Babyn Pohar - mt. Malyj Gorgan - mt. Syniak - Homjakiv pasture - mt. Homjak - crossroads in Tatariv village - Palianycia village - Jablunycia village - Piatykhatky village - Vorohta urban village - mt. Kukul - Zavoyelia locality - Zarosliak locality - mt. Hoverla - Nesamovyte lake - mt. Pip Ivan - mt. Vaskul - mt. Vykhid - mt. Stih

 
Sitemap © 2007 - 2018 Фундація "Карпатські стежки".
Будь-яке використання інформації чи фото з даного сайту
без згоди Фундації заборонене
Створення сайту:
LesHOST